Purpose of JVFM education
To produce veterinarians with advanced knowledge and high-level skills through creating and providing world-level systematic veterinary education.
To produce human resources with broad point of view and sophisticated ethics who have ability to contribute to improve the quality of human society, ability to improve oneself, and problem-solving and who can respond to needs of local society and view global human society.
The Joint Faculty of Veterinary Medicine seeks the following types of students who have a thirst for knowledge and an inquiring mind so that they can tackle the developing and evolving field of veterinary science, the logical orientation and creativity to implement and utilize these characteristics, and the communication skills to work as part of a team and form a society based on coexistence:
- Individuals who understand the broad responsibility of veterinarians and who have a clear sense of purpose based on their desire to become a veterinarian.
- Individuals who have the basic academic ability needed to study basic subjects related to natural sciences, the humanities and social sciences, and linguistics and to adequetely understand and master the knowledge and techniques of veterinary medicine.
- Individuals who have a desire to actively strive to achieve a society based on the healthy coexistence of humans and animals, and who can communicate in a social manner.
According to a collaborative education course with Yamaguchi University, a student studies the same lesson subject with the same syllabus and timetable. The teacher of both universities utilizes each teaching resource effectively, and provides the student with veterinary medicine education with broad high specialty nature. The student is made to learn the following knowledge, technology, and capability by the curriculum of this collaborative education course.
- Since the knowledge about bioethics and veterinary ethics are learned, the introductory subject is arranged on the uniform course.
- Since the structure and the physiology function of an animal body, basic knowledge about the chemical substance which acts on a living body and its functional mechanisms, and technology for studying animal life science are learned, basic veterinary subjects are arranged on the uniform course.
- Since change of the animal body by disease, structure and patogenicity of a pathogenic organ, and knowledge and technology about prevention and ascendancy of infectious disease are learned, applied veterinary subjects are arranged on the uniform course.
- Since the knowldge and technology about diseases of companion animals and those prevention, diagnosis, and medical treatment are learned, clinical veterinary subjects (for companion animals) are arranged on the uniform course.
- Since the knowledge and technology about diseases of farm animals and those prevention, diagnosis, medical treatment, productivity drive, and food safety are learned, clinical veterinary subjects (for farm animals) are arranged on the uniform course.
- Since the advanced knowledge of veterinary medicine and the ability to contribute to international society are learned, specialization educational subjects are arranged as advanced education.
We recognize the student who has learned the capacity below, and got the prescribed credits as the bachelor's degree.
- Rich humanity and correct ethical values.
- The capacity which accomplishes the duty of the veterinarian with code of conduct.
- The investigation heart and problem solving capacity in order to practice the animal life science research which designates veterinary medicine as the foundation.
- The elementary knowledge and technology in order to subdue the animal infectious disease and the threat.
- The knowledge and technology in order to practice high-level animal medical procedure appropriately.
- The elementary knowledge and technology regarding the stability supply and security guaranty of the animal husbandry resource.
- The capacity which it can contribute to international society.